Education > Scholarships & Funding
Scholarships & Funding
Scholarships, teaching and research assistantships and loans are the most common ways to finance your graduate study.
- Contact the financial aid offices at the schools where you are applying.
- Review the scholarship and funding sources listed below.
- Check with your local library for additional scholarship and funding information.
- Check out federal loan possibilities.
Selected Scholarship and Funding Sources
- American Library Association (ALA) Scholarships
ALA awards over $300,000 in scholarships annually.
- Federal Student Aid for Graduate & Professional Students
- Gates Millennium Scholarship Fund
Provides funding to outstanding African American, American Indian/Alaska Natives, Asian Pacific Islander Americans, and Hispanic American students.
- Law Library Association of Greater New York Grants & Scholarships
- LITA (Library & Information Technology Association) Scholarships
- Medical Library Association Grants & Scholarships
- New York Library Association's Dewey Scholarship
Tuition assistance for a student attending a New York State library school.
- Syracuse Univeristy I-School Library Media Specialist Scholarships
- WebJunction listing of Grants & Scholarships
Downloadble spreadsheet of grants and scholarships currently available in the US and Canada for degree programs, courses, and professional development in library and information science.
- WebJunction and Drexel University Offer Discounts on Online Degree Programs
Articles on Funding Graduate School
- Getting Your LIS Degree without Breaking the Bank by Sarah E. Morris & Patrice Johnson (from LISCareer.com)
- Paying for Graduate School by Chrissie Anderson Peters (from LISCareer.com)
Back to top
“Librarians can change lives in their communities,”
building connections and conduits to information and services.
Job Outlook Information
ALA Get A Job Toolkit
New career paths in libraries in technology from ALA
Keep up to date with new additions to this site by subscribing to our RSS feed
What is RSS?